Massage therapy may be the oldest and simplest form of medical care. Oriental or Asian Massages are based on the general theories of Chinese medicine, which include a general sense of balance and harmony.
There are several variations and techniques employed in oriental massages. Currently we are offering the following services:
- Foot Massage/Reflexology treatment
- Deep Tissue Massage utilizing slow strokes with direct pressure applied across the grain of the muscles with the fingers and thumbs.
- Tui Na is based upon the idea that scar tissue in damaged areas should be broken down in order to promote healing.
- Acupressure involves the application of manual pressure (usually with the fingertips) to specific points on the body.
- Gua Shaan is an ancient massage technique which originated from China, is different from other forms of massage, which focus mainly on relieving tension in the muscles.
- Cupping is an ancient form of therapy in which a local suction is created on the skin, this mobilizes blood flow in order to promote healing
- Hot Stone Massage is an ancient practice of massage therapy similar to a Swedish massage but with the addition of heated stones